Sunday, October 15, 2006

Recovering

K and I are taking it easy today. Nate is preaching today, but we weren't able to make it. K is still recovering and she woke up this morning with her own version of a facial mask. Needless to say, we are quite glad that she is feeling better. Right now she is moving the laundry basket around. I tried to block the television, but she wanted to watch it desperately. The laundry basket was filled with clothes, so she is getting her upper body workout today. Her fever has gone done drastically and she sounds a lot better. You can tell she is not 100 percent, but we are working on it. In the picture above, she is trying to figure out how to make the clowns pop up. She does it on accident most of the time, but she has figured out how to close them on her own. That took some time because she kept trying to hold the clown and close it at the same time. Of course, that meant pinching of fingers, but she has mastered it since then.
Can you tell that she is feeling better? I am trying to teach her not to stick out her tongue, but I think I am obviously failing in that department.
A different outlook on life. Quite dizzying, but she seems to enjoy it.
Our little naked baby. We stripped her down to her diaper because her temperature was so high. As you can see, she was cuddling in this picture. I take it when I can get it because other times she doesn't want to be held for more than a minute. Sick baby equals cuddly baby. Thank goodness we are doing better! Her two top teeth are still coming through, but I don't know when that will happen. By the way, she has just thrown one of her toys in the laundry basket and she can't get to it. She is voicing her great irritation at this. She is trying to pull the whole basket over because she can see it through the holes. How frustrating that must be? Shriners will be this Thursday and hopefully she will be free of the brace. We will keep all of you updated. I better go. K is getting frustrated and needs her toy back. It's not like she doesn't have a gajillion others to choose from!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor baby! I hate it when the kids are sick! I'm glad she is feeling better. She certainly is a cute little sick kid! I can't wait to see her in her lion's outfit! : )