Friday, June 16, 2006

Reflections

As I sit here thinking of the past few days, I find myself wondering what people would do without God's strength. I would be lying if I were to say that it has been a wonderful adventure. Adventure is a word to describe it, but I think that sometimes it has been more painful than wonderful. K is such a blessing, but it has been a battle to cope with the many things we have had to face. Nate and I want to be the best parents we can for K, but it is hard to feel like good parents when you can't control what your little girl is going through. So many people have told me that the brace is good because it will correct this problem for K and she will not have to have surgery for that, but sometimes it is hard to remember that. Especially when you want to have your little girl in a swimsuit. K will not remember these weeks and I am thankful for that, but it has been hard to know that she will be growing so fast and we don't see all of that because of the brace. Nate did not put this on the blog earlier, but the nurse measured and weighed K at the hospital and she is now up to 12 lbs. And 9 oz. She is also a little over 20 inches in length. She is growing so fast and I don't want to miss a minute of it. I am grateful for all of the prayers and I know Nate is as well. I am waiting to hear back from the hospital to find out when her appointment will be and I am hoping that Nate will be able to go to this one. It is hard to not be there because they give you so much information and sometimes it is hard to remember everything. (especially when it is me)

No comments: