Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!!!

If people would have told me what it means to be a mother I don't think I could have truly understood. It wasn't until I held this precious gift in my arms on that first day that I realized what an amazing thing it means to be a mother. I love my mom more than anything, and I am beginning to understand the choices she made for me and the reason why she cried at my wedding. K is a gift that I could never thank God enough for. Her smile and her beautiful eyes just make my heart melt. I have a few pictures to share with you that only show part of the amazing journey we are on. This was my first Mother's Day and it was the best. Just sitting here thinking of the many things I wanted for K's life, it does show me that God's ways and my ways are not the same at times. I had wanted to teach my daughter to play the piano and yet she has already taught me what it means to love. Playing the piano is a dream, but the love I have for this little girl is so much more important than playing a piano. We will do it and I know that we will love our own way of playing, but that isn't what I desire. I desire a relationship with my daughter that will last for an eternity. Pastor Ross talked today about making a lasting impression on our children and that really struck me. I want my daughter to be with me in heaven and I want her to be able to look at me and see what she means to me. My mother was an example of a godly woman and I know that I have a lifetime to go, but I want to do that for myself and K.
K has so many things about her that I love. She talks to me and smiles at me and sometimes I can even get her to laugh at my stupidity. That certainly doesn't take much.
For all of you that are mothers, Happy Mother's Day! Those of you that aren't, I hope you are blessed some day with a little girl or little boy that is as beautiful as K. Inside and outside I mean. Being a parent is the best thing I have ever done in my life.

No comments: