Thursday, April 26, 2007

"Missing Parts"

This poem was written by one of the mothers from a support group for children with limb differences. I don't have her name, but this poem brought tears to our eyes. It is our daughter. Someday we will put this poem up in her room to always remind her that she is perfect just the way she is.

Missing Parts
God looked down, another child complete,
A smile so perfect, a temper so sweet.
But baby looked and some parts were gone,
Did God mess up and make me wrong?
God just looked at this perfect child,
He explained Himself as He just smiled.
"If I'd taken time to make that part,
you wouldn't be such a work of art."
I would not have had time to make that smile,
To list your talents would last a mile.
Your sense of humor, that belly laugh,
Where are these parts, you have to ask?
You are so lucky, these gifts of gold,
Those missing parts are mine to hold.
Forever they'll be, close to my heart,
So as you live, we are never apart.
Each time I move, you'll be on my mind,
You special child, you are quite the find!
So do not miss that part, you see,
It will always be safe and sound with me."

Isn't this beautiful? Just wanted to share it with all of you. Someday I hope to meet the woman who wrote this poem. She understands things much better than I do at this point. I'm learning more and more each day though. K is teaching me. - Christa

No comments: