Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Pics

So this picture has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, but it sure shows you why we are so thankful right now. Here K is attempting to dress herself. Poor little girl has such a big head. It makes it quite difficult sometimes. I am confident that her stubborn little self will figure it out in no time though.
Here was our Thanksgiving attire. We went over to my aunt's house and we had a wonderful time with family and friends. This is a time when I like to reflect back on the wonderful things in my life and they always seem to be connected with my family. I have been blessed with wonderful parents and siblings, yes I did say that, and I have also been given a husband who loves me more than I deserve. And then, of course, there is the little rose in my life. I know I speak for my husband as well when I say that she is one of the things in our life that we are most thankful for. The only thing that really trumps that is our faith in God. He has not only given us each other, He has given us a miracle in K. Sometimes I look back and realize that many children don't survive ABS and when I think about that I realize how blessed I am as a mother. How many people can say that they have a little girl who makes them sit back and reflect on what is really important in life? I believe K has been put in my life to make me realize that "normal" is relative. I can now relate to those who have children who struggle and I can relate to those who have problems that they can't understand.
While we all struggle with things on a daily basis, our perceptions of life are so often affected by the events around us. I have been blessed to have a daughter who defies the odds and is constantly surprising everyone with the things she is able to do. I have no doubt she will be a blessing to others; I just can't wait to see what is ahead. It is going to be incredible whatever it is. The past three years have been incredible to say the least. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

1 comment:

Jen Lee Reeves said...

I'm right there with you... We're all so dang lucky for our little girls. I absolutely love her Thanksgiving picture and really impressed with her work towards getting her shirt on!! Jordan has mastered socks, shoes, pants and underwear -- putting on the shirt is the one last hurdle!